The Best Window Treatments for Condos and Apartments
You’ll find several various condo and apartment styles and builds across Toronto and Mississauga. Many condo and apartment dwellers struggle with how to dress their windows. From bright glare shining off glistening buildings in downtown Toronto to the need to block the neighbours in cramped Mississauga streets, you have every reason to be confused when selecting a window covering.
From curtains, drapes, valences, blinds and shades, a properly dressed window is imperative to the function and style of your apartment. Thankfully, your choices are abundant! Prime Window Coverings makes it easy to select the perfect window treatments Mississauga and Toronto wide. Keep reading to learn more.
Ask the Right Questions
- What are you looking to get out of your window treatment?
If your goal is energy efficiency, opt for treatments such as cellular shades. These treatments offer extra insulation and will keep your space cool in the summer, and warmer in the winter, helping you save on energy.
If you’re looking for privacy, and don’t want an obstructed view of that beautiful, sunny Toronto skyline, consider sheer window treatments. Sheer blinds offer privacy while allowing in natura light.
Lastly, if you’re looking for insulation, your best possible option is solar window shades or solar screens. Both block plenty of sunlight, and keep you cool as a cucumber in the summer.
- What sort of effort can you put into cleaning and maintenance? Consider how much time you can put into cleaning your window treatments, and keep in mind that most condos in Mississauga and Toronto will accumulate dust on fabric heavy treatments. Easy to clean solutions such as window blinds or shutters are easier to maintain than curtains or drapes.
- Are you looking for an automated window treatment? Motorized systems eliminate the hanging cords and chains of conventional treatments. If you have children or pets, these can pose a hazard which is easily remedied by the installation of a motorized system such as our Somfy motors.
- What is your budget? Going into a decision with a budget prepared can help you make the best selection for your needs. Talk to our professional teams to make the best choice based on your budget.
- Think about the aesthetic of your condo or apartment. Do you want your window coverings to pop, or would you prefer they blend naturally in with your home’s décor? The type of window treatment you select will depend largely on this question.
Types of Condo Window Coverings you can Install
Window film installations allow your windows to filter and reduce the effects of sunlight. The reflective properties of most window films reduce heat and lower your air conditioning costs during the summer months. This is particularly important for Toronto and Mississauga condos, as they are prone to glare and excessive sunlight that might damage your furnishings and eyes.
Shutters are generally more suitable for standard windows, and not floor to ceiling ones that are common in downtown Toronto or Mississauga condos. However, if you have standard windows, shutters are a stylish choice that offers excellent privacy. Shutters are available in various materials and colours, with wood, composite and vinyl being some of the most popular options.
Mini blinds are great for all windows! These thin horizontal slats are operated with a cord loop or spring system which offers great control over how much light you want to allow inside.
Vertical blinds are like mini blinds in operation but are composed of vertical slats made of metal and wood. They move on a track system which is attached to the top of the window, and can be opened and closed easily, offering excellent privacy and versatility.
These one of a kind window treatments are a superior choice for large windows. A single piece of fabric rolling into a bar attached to the window’s top frame offers top privacy and light protection for condo dwellers. Roller shades are easy to motorize, and come in a variety of colours, fabrics and styles to match your décor.
The timeless classic is elegant and appealing for most windows. If you want to go for a visually distinguished style to accentuate your interior, roman shades are a great choice.
Don’t despair! While it might be tough making a choice, Prime Window Coverings is here to help. We offer extensive consultations and advice for window coverings Mississauga and Toronto wide, and have installed countless various treatments in condos and apartments alike.
Prime Window Coverings is your top choice for custom residential window treatments Mississauga, Oakville, Toronto and the rest of the Greater Toronto Area. Our knowledgeable technicians and salespeople can custom fit any window film solution to your needs. Any sort of window film is an excellent choice for most windows. The options for your windows are endless, and if you’re still unsure, simply give us a call or send us an email to talk with one of our specialists today. Prime Window Coverings is here to help. Get your free consultation today!